Thursday, February 21, 2008

About books

Living in too many places run havoc with our belongings; especially with books which my wife and I treasure so much.

We only brought the bare essential to Singapore. The rest of our belongings were left in Jakarta. We still have gazillion of boxes at my brother's basement in Westminster, Colorado. There was once that his basement was flooded from a burst pipe. We have no idea what is the status of our belonging there, especially the twenty something boxes of book. We definitely need to go there and sort out our stuffs.

At least I know some of the treasured books, like the signed copy of Object Oriented Analysis and Design by Grady Booch and Knuth's The Art of Programming, are safe in Jakarta.

Talking about book, I finally start reading Peopleware after a long time of sitting in my to-read list. I am also currently reading Living Proof by Jim Petterson. On the fiction side I am re-reading A Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin. I love the series and can't wait for the next book to come out. And yes, I do read all three at th moment...just not at the exact same time :P.

What books are you reading now?

No comments: